Concierge medicine, retainer medicine, direct medicine, and boutique medicine are all terms used to describe a new form of medical service in which patients contract directly with their doctor for medical services. By removing the third-party payer, your physician acts as your advocate, with no interference or conflict of interest from outside parties.
Internist Steven D. Knope, M.D., a pioneer in creating patient-centered care for optimal health and wellness, is the first physician to offer this comprehensive, personal approach in Tucson.
For one annual fee, Dr. Knope provides:
- Exercise and fitness consultation, including a lactate stress test, nutritional analysis and an exercise prescription tailored to your specific health and fitness goals.
- 24/7 telephone access via cell phone or beeper wherever you are.
- Same-day service for any medical problem that requires evaluation by Dr. Knope.
- Office visits that are anything but routine. You are scheduled for 20- to 30-minute sessions for routine visits, depending on your needs.
- All blood work is drawn in our office and sent to the lab.
- Prompt telephone feedback with lab and radiology test results.
- Prompt referrals to a select group of Tucson’s best specialists. When time is important, Dr. Knope will intervene on your behalf so you can see a specialist as soon as possible.
- An annual physical exam, including a stress test and a disease prevention assessment, along with a comprehensive cancer screening.
- Supervision by a personal trainer at your gym or in your home. Two sessions with a certified exercise physiologist to ensure you are following Dr. Knope’s exercise prescription properly.
- Office visits that are anything but routine, you are scheduled 20-30 minutes….
- More time can be scheduled for complex problems or for complete annual exams.
Our spacious office is conveniently located in north Tucson, just south of Catalina Foothills and Casa Adobes. Our office space includes a newly outfitted personal training studio. Stop by our clinic at 4570 N. 1st Avenue in Tucson to meet us and see our space.
4570 N. 1st Avenue
Tucson, AZ 85718
Mon - Fri: 9 AM - 5 PM
Weekend or after-hours appointments for emergencies
Phone: (520) 887-8667
Fax: (520) 887-8672