What is Concierge Medicine?
Concierge medicine, retainer medicine, direct medicine, and boutique medicine are all terms used to describe a new form of medical service in which patients contract directly with their doctor for medical services. By removing the third-party payer, your physician acts as your advocate, with no interference or conflict of interest from outside parties.
Internist Steven D. Knope, M.D., a pioneer in creating patient-centered care for optimal health and wellness, is the first physician to offer this comprehensive, personal approach in Tucson.
For one annual fee, Dr. Knope provides:
- Exercise and fitness consultation, including a lactate stress test, nutritional analysis and an exercise prescription tailored to your specific health and fitness goals.
- 24/7 telephone access via cell phone or beeper wherever you are.
- Same-day service for any medical problem that requires evaluation by Dr. Knope.
- Office visits that are anything but routine. You are scheduled for 20- to 30-minute sessions for routine visits, depending on your needs.
- All blood work is done in our office. You won’t be referred to busy labs for blood work.
- Prompt telephone feedback with lab and radiology test results.
- Prompt referrals to a select group of Tucson’s best specialists. When time is important, Dr. Knope will intervene on your behalf so you can see a specialist as soon as possible.
- An annual physical exam, including a stress test and a disease prevention assessment, along with a comprehensive cancer screening.
- Supervision by a personal trainer at your gym or in your home. Two sessions with a certified exercise physiologist to ensure you are following Dr. Knope’s exercise prescription properly.
4570 N. 1st Avenue
Tucson, AZ 85718
Mon - Fri: 9 AM - 5 PM
Weekend or after-hours appointments for emergencies
Phone: (520) 887-8667
Fax: (520) 887-8672